My Two Cents

This is my two cents. You'll get it whether you want it or not. However, I won't charge anyone because it may not be worth two cents.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's a Start

I need to thank my friend from Pennsylvania for getting me started on this. I've been doing some writing lately just to help resolve some issues I'm having and it seems to have helped, even if I don't quite have any answers yet.

However, I've always been a writer, mostly of sports, and I enjoy it. This will be a new type of writing. I've become a Facebook (Crackbook, as some of us call it) addict and it's a great way to keep in touch with friends and I've reconnected with many people who had fallen out of my life.

Facebook, though, doesn't really allow for you to expound much on your thoughts, feelings, ideas, etc., whereas a blog does. After reading my friend's first blog post in two years, I thought, I should do this too.

In the past 18 months, I've dropped 100 pounds and some of that was due to a mutual friend of ours who made me realize that the only reason I wasn't taking better care of myself was because it was easy to make excuses. These two wonderful ladies are people I've reconnected with via Facebook and their influences on me have been great. I cannot thank them enough for their friendship and their concern and core for me.

With that said, I'll give you my two cents (if it's worth that much) and hope that, at times, it will make you think about things, or at least bring a smile or a laugh to your day.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bro,
    I think this is a great idea for you! I have been wondering what is going on with you. I have been a little concerned. If there is anything I can do or if you just want to talk, please let me know.
    I love you.
    Your Big Sis

    ReplyDelete