My Two Cents

This is my two cents. You'll get it whether you want it or not. However, I won't charge anyone because it may not be worth two cents.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Implications

A friend of mine recently pointed out that I worry about too much before anything actually happens. I don't deny that. At the same time, I believe in being prepared for any and all eventualities, so I don't consider a bad thing. The way she said it to me, however, and a couple of other things she said were hurtful which, considering that I consider her a close friend and love her dearly, made it that much worse.

But I also have to take into account what, I think, she meant. Sometimes I let this thoughts occupy too much of my time to the point it handicaps me. I think "Am I making the right decision."

I guess, in a lot of situations, I'm out of my element. Put me on the baseball field, behind the hockey bench, in the press box, what have you, and I'll pull the trigger on a decision quicker than I would on a turkey picking through a pile of cow manure for corn at 20 yards. Believe me, it's pretty quick.

In the world of sports, I am in my element. Right or wrong, I'll make a decision because I'm rarely present with a situation I'm unfamiliar or uncomfortable with.

Yet, I often find myself over-analyzing a lot of other decisions these days in everyday life. I'm pondering questions and looking for answers that I can't seem to find and don't want to wait for them to come. I want to pull the trigger and do some things and say some things that may or may not be the right things.

I guess I'll have to wait for the answers and rely, as I always have, on my friends to catch me if I fall for, even though I often feel alone in this world, I know my friends are there for me.

Overkill (Colin Hay)
I can't get to sleep
I think about the implications
Of diving in too deep
And possibly the complications

Especially at night
I worry over situations
I know will be alright
Perhaps it's just imagination

Day after day it reappears
Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
Ghosts appear and fade away

Alone between the sheets
Only brings exasperation
It's time to walk the streets
Smell the desperation

At least there's pretty lights
And though there's little variation
It nullifies the night from overkill

Day after day it reappears
Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
Ghosts appear and fade away
Come back another day

I can't get to sleep
I think about the implications
Of diving in too deep
And possibly the complications

Especially at night
I worry over situations
I know will be alright
It's just overkill

Day after day it reappears
Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
Ghosts appear and fade away
Ghosts appear and fade away
Ghosts appear and fade away

No comments:

Post a Comment